INTRODUCING SIERRA WOOD!
My interview with Sierra today is the last of “Texas Longhorn Week” but a very good one! Sierra reflects everything that is so great about FFA students across the nation. She is devoted to what she is doing and she has dove completely in!
In addition to serving as the treasurer at the Leander High School FFA Chapter, Sierra is serving as the reporter for the Texas Longhorn Breeders Of Tomorrow. She enjoys raising and selling Longhorns so much that she participates in the TLBT in addition to FFA. I love the dedication!
SUPERVISED AGRICULTURAL EXPERIENCE: Longhorn Cattle Breeding
HIGH SCHOOL: Leander High School; Leander, Texas
FFA ADVISOR: Emily Veraa & Jeff Kelley
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SIERRA WOOD:
Click on the picture below to be taken to the Leander High School Ag. Department’s website:
Sierra’s FFA Advisor’s Email Address: Emily.Veraa@leanderisd.org
Leander High School’s Telephone Number: (512) 570-1000
Donate to FFA – One way that FFA students are able to start small businesses is through an FFA grant of $1,000. In 2014, 141 FFA students received these grants. With your donations, more students can get this head start – pay it forward.
REASONS TO DONATE TO FFA:
- Only 2% of Americans grow and raise most of the food and livestock consumed by the other 98% as well as the rest of the world. FFA is providing the needed education, training and resources to Americans that will carry that torch forward and insure that America continues to have inexpensive, quality food.
- Rural Communities will rely on entrepreneurship in the future for population growth and job creation. The FFA is a major catalyst to that entrepreneurial growth.
- Farmers, ranchers and those working in agriculture give the rest of America incredible amounts of freedom because the search for food is as simple as going to the grocery store:
“Because American farmers are able to provide for so many of us, they give more and more of us the freedom to pursue goals and livelihoods beyond growing the food we need to survive.”
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack
Other Places You Can Listen To Us:
LISTEN TO US ON SATELLITE RADIO! WE ARE CONTRIBUTORS TO “FFA TODAY” ON RURAL RADIO SIRIUS XM CHANNEL 147! “FFA Today” airs on Rural Radio Sirius XM Channel 147 Saturdays at 7:30 AM Eastern and Sundays at 6:30 PM Eastern. Please let RURAL RADIO know that you like hearing us on their channel! Here is how to contact them and leave feedback: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: RuralRadio147.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/RURALRADIO147