INTRODUCING JAMIE SPECCA!
Our guest today is a senior in high school and is already building a resume a mile long:
- Chapter President
- Owner of Specca’s Nursery
- State Officer Candidate
- State Proficiency Award Winner
- National Silver Award Winner
- SAE Grant Recipient
Jamie Specca is piling up the accomplishments in her journey through high school and the FFA. Her parents run a greenhouse business, and she came up with her own twist on some new products that they could sell. This all began with her working for her parents and hearing customers request something over and over that was not being provided anywhere else. Jamie was wise enough to see a void in the market that needed to be filled. And, she was fortunate enough to be able to fill it.
The lessons that entrepreneurship teaches students will help them to excel for the rest of their lives, no matter what they choose to do. Just the problem solving skills alone are invaluable. But the ability to see opportunities also have great value to employers. Jamie is a perfect example of this.
SUPERVISED AGRICULTURAL EXPERIENCE: Vegetable Production
HIGH SCHOOL: Northern Burlington County Regional High School; Columbus, New Jersey
FFA ADVISOR: Nan Hamilton
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR JAMIE SPECCA:
Click on the picture below to be taken to the Northern Burlington County Regional High School website:
Jamie’s FFA Advisors’ Email Addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Burlington County Regional High School’s Telephone Number: 609-298-3900
Donate to FFA – One way that FFA students are able to start small businesses is through an FFA grant of $1,000. In 2014, 141 FFA students received these grants. With your donations, more students can get this head start – pay it forward.
REASONS TO DONATE TO FFA:
- Only 2% of Americans grow and raise most of the food and livestock consumed by the other 98% as well as the rest of the world. FFA is providing the needed education, training and resources to Americans that will carry that torch forward and insure that America continues to have inexpensive, quality food.
- Rural Communities will rely on entrepreneurship in the future for population growth and job creation. The FFA is a major catalyst to that entrepreneurial growth.
- Farmers, ranchers and those working in agriculture give the rest of America incredible amounts of freedom because the search for food is as simple as going to the grocery store:
“Because American farmers are able to provide for so many of us, they give more and more of us the freedom to pursue goals and livelihoods beyond growing the food we need to survive.”
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack
Other Places You Can Listen To Us:
LISTEN TO US ON SATELLITE RADIO! WE ARE CONTRIBUTORS TO “FFA TODAY” ON RURAL RADIO SIRIUS XM CHANNEL 147! “FFA Today” airs on Rural Radio Sirius XM Channel 147 Saturdays at 7:30 AM Eastern and Sundays at 6:30 PM Eastern. Please let RURAL RADIO know that you like hearing us on their channel! Here is how to contact them and leave feedback: Email: email@example.com Website: RuralRadio147.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/RURALRADIO147